Welcome to the North American Portability Management LLC website!
What is the NAPM LLC:
- The NAPM LLC is a Delaware Limited Liability Company
- Was formed for the purpose of engaging in business activities related to the development and implementation of policies for number portability in the 7 NPAC regions of the United States (see slide 3)
- The NAPM, LLC membership is currently made up with companies from a cross section of the industry with members from:
NAPM LLC History:
- With the introduction of Local Competition the FCC ordered Local Number Portability
- This required a national data base to facilitate the routing of calls to ported numbers
- The FCC in the 2nd Report and Order required LLC's be formed to manage the data base administrator
- In the beginning there were seven separate LLCs, one for each of the seven regions
- In 1999 the seven LLC consolidated into one and it became the NAPM LLC
What is the purpose of the LLC?